Formula!!!!!!!!

Okay I am bf and formula feeding dd. I buy Enfamil well my friend gave me a case of Similac that her dd don't use anymore. I was wondering is it okay to give her the Similac once we run out of the Enfamil? Or they the same just different brand name? I asked this yesterday but didn't get an answer. If you don't know can you please bump this? Thanks ladies.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 3:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies handle it just fine others do not. It will be trial and error. If you notice a lot of gassiness or spitting up then I would go back to your Enfimil.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Slowing ween between the two when you notice youre getting low. I love Similac so much more BTW! :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They aren't the same, but that doesn't mean your baby wont tolerate a switch.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would because even if they are the same there will be little differecen that could upset your kids tummy.
    momnamedeva

Answer by momnamedeva at 3:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You can def change her over but you need to ween her and if your only going to do it for one can of formula it may not be worth it cause then you have to ween her back over....If it was me I would just donate the formula to Catholic Charities or something like that.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've never had any issues switching my kids between brands. My 5mo gets all different brands (we buy store brand so he goes between Target and Wal-mart brands and has had other store brands). We don't have to do any weening. We just start the new can and he never notices. Neither did our other kids. My 4yo was on store brand and we bought from where ever we were at the time (Target, Wal-mart, K-mart, etc).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't. Stick w/ the same brand, same type formula. Donate it to WIC. They will appreciate it.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Unless you are going to keep the baby on the Similac. But why change if DD is doing fine on what she is taking.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Only switch if you are going to keep baby on similac, my baby was having tummy problems and did better with similac sensitive then enfamil and I didnt like how enfamil smelled
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2011