I should know this but how do you succesfullyget your 9 month old to sleep in there crib?

My daugher will be 9 months 2m and we just started putting her in her crib in her room and she wakes up anywhere from 5-7 times a night crying cause she wants me. I nurse her still but she only needs to be nursinf 2-3 times a night if that cause shes on solids as well. Even tried bathing her right b4 bed and made sure she was full but didnt seem to wrk. What should I do?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep on doing what you are doing. She has to just get use to sleeping in a crib in her own room.

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You may have to let her scream it out.... and I'm not saying let her scream all night but instead of running right to her let her go for a few min and make the length longer each night....sooner or later she'll get it. It took me a few week with my son but it was so worth it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Does she usually go to sleep awake? Also, does she wake up to nurse or do you wake her up? I could totally be wrong but I thought by 9 months they should be able to sleep through the night without nursing or formula? We started putting our son to bed awake at 4 months, then moved him to his own room and crib at 6 months. He was used to going to bed awake so it wasn't as bad. He did get a little upset but it only lasted a couple of nights. For some reason at 12 months he started screaming when I would take him to bed. It went on for one week. Every night I would walk away, then come back after a while and pat his back and explain he would be fine and I would get him in the morning. It seemed to work. He is 18 months now and goes to bed about 7:30 pm and sleeps till about 7 or 8 am. Also, do you have something like this? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2455073
    I swear that helped us!
    Mel0720

Answer by Mel0720 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My son is 9 months and we occasionally have nights when he wakes up and I just let him soothe himself back to sleep. After 5 min if he is still crying then I will go in and soothe him, give him his stuff puppy and kiss him goodnight.

Your baby is old enough to sleep through the night without a feeding. Sounds like you need to start a bedtime routine and stick with it. Have the last bottle at 8:30 or so at night and include a bowl of cereal. Give a bath and read a story. When she cries go in soothe her WITHOUT picking her up! Turn on soothing music - we have a sleep sheep we use- tell her its night night time and kiss her and leave. Let her cry out for 5 min and then repeat the same step. Do it every night and add to the time you go in. If your still having problems talk to your doctor at her 9 month check up.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011