Westboro church to protest at victims funeral. what a shame

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/11/arizonans-rally-prevent-westboro-church-disruption-shooting-victims-funerals/#

only good thing is that there will be a counter protest. that church and protesting at those funerals makes me sick. what is wrong with these people in this church. why do they think that what they are doing is christian. i am so sad that they would even think of going to this little girls funeral for publicity. there are some sick sick people and they are hiding in this church.

what does everyone else think?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 4:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Omg unbelievable. These people are NOT Christians as far as I'm concerned. God does not approve of what these people are doing. These people are terrorists and need to be put out of business before they start getting even more crazy. What sick excuses for human life. There needs to be a nationwide law about protesting at funerals. It is harassment and is NOT peaceful protest. This is one of the only times where I will say the government needs to get their hands in on this and put an end to it once and for all. And I agree with mommy of two. These people need to be taken out in the worst possible way.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They really should not hide behind the word "church" and just come out for the horrific organization that they are. A hate group. There's nothing Christian about what they do.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They are a-holes. A 9-year-old girl's furneal is taking it too far. It makes me sick too.
    momnamedeva

Answer by momnamedeva at 4:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think they will find the publicity they seek for self-promotion is starting to backfire. As more people become aware of the hatred that this group brings everywhere they go, they will find more and more peaceful resistance. I read in another article about a group of "angels" that wear feathered wings that they spread to create a visual barrier to block Phelps and Company from being seen by mourners. I don't know if they mention these wonderful people in the article you linked or not--I read about this earlier and am going on the story I already read.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I also heard the 'angels' will sing to keep the chants from being heard. I think these people are heroes for the day!!!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i think they're getting a lot of publicity b/c people are shocked and outraged that they are protesting it. What i don't get is what they think they get out of all this protesting?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Looks like that nut job shot the wron people. Those suck bastards deserve to be shot if they are going to go that far.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My husband said that someone is going to get fed up and retaliate at some point. When they do, it is going to be ugly. He just hopes there aren't any innocent people nearby.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They are horrible people

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• they are horrible! they came to stl to protest, in city limits you need a permit to protest atr public property so they had to get a permit. the permit was open for the public to see and a bunch of people from churches came to "support" the veteran's funeral on at the place they had the permit to protest, they couldn't remove them bc the permit isn't given to a "group" it's given in general with an area for the people to stand. the westboro church couldn't fit there people and signs on the spot so they couldn't protest the way they wanted! loved it!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011