No school for 3 whole days due to snow!?

Man this is just not fair. lol. Plus we only had 2 make up days left. Where do they plan on putting this one?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in

• Lol. I am laughing here. I live in NE. Four inches is considered a dusting here! I understand you guys in the south aren't used to it and therefore aren't prepared. But 3 days off from school for 4" of snow??? My kids are soo jealous!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 4:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ours get added to the end of the school year. We have 2 built in and any after that are added to the end of the year. I live in SE Wisconsin so there are many years that the school year is extended a day or 2 or more.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Lucky kids... maybe they'll have time to learn something interesting to them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Omg ! Do you live in a place that is not used to snow, or was it that big of a storm?
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Our school has no make up days in the schedule, the schedule is already very tight. So if we ever have a snow day, it sucks because they have to squeeze it in somewhere and usually they do it on a vacation week. UGH! Luckily we don't have snow days very often here.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We are in Ga. and no our city is not used to snow so now snow plows or salt trucks for neighborhoods and back roads. WE got like 4 inches! That is like a blizzard here! lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We had two back to back right before winter break started, and we're on pace to have one tomorrow (we've already got about two inches in the last two hours.) We only have one snow day left, if there are any more than that they delay the end of school.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Oh wow I am in chicago and 4inches is like drive a little slower but school is barely canceled here. Pull put some things for them to learn at home and keep busy not working your nerves.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Oh man that sucks, in the north east its kind of rare to get 2 days in a row of school canceled. What they do is... when you run out of snow days, they start tacking extra days on the the end of the year.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think it's more the inch or so of ice over the snow and the snow is starting to melt and will be re-freezing tonight. It's pretty nasty for people who don't normally drive in this weather.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011