• In the Spotlight:

infant seat or convertiable? dilemma!

So my son is 6 months old and around 20lbs so he is outgrowing his infant carseat but I have a problem....ive seen infant seats up to 35lbs since he still falls asleep alot and I dont want to have to take him out
but if I go with a convertible seat up to 65lbs ish rear and front facing I cant take him out but can use it longer...
what would you buy, any suggestions?

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 18lbs and 9 months. I just converted him from the infant seat to the rear facing convertible right before Christmas. It's defiantly not as convenient as the bucket seat but I don't miss lugging that thing around! I have the alpha omega carseat and that goes up to 100lbs. If I am out and he falls asleep I just put him in the stroller.

If he is close to the max weight for your car seat ( as they are all different) and height then you need to do what is safe for him and what is not the most convenient for you.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would put them in a convertable. They will still sleep and most of the time, they go back to sleep once you get them in the house.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i switched to a myride 65 at 8 months. i can still get her out of the car seat and into the house asleep! it takes practice but u can do it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011