Has anyone else ever had this happen?

I happen to run into an old classmate a month or so ago and it seems like lately I have been thinking of him ever since our run in. We never dated or had a relationship or anything but there is something that seems to draw me to wonder. We are both married and have kids and the run in was simply a run in, hi how are you kinda thing and to be honest I don't know if his marriage is good or not and I like to think mine is doing fine as well, but I don't know why I can't stop thinking about him. It is like I have this feeling that we should have been together once upon a time and it never happened. Like he is a soul mate that I never knew I should have had til now. What do you think? What would you do? Should I just leave this in my mind as a could of been fantasy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• It happens... Just let it pass. Do not act on it.. Just accept if for what it was, a thought.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• For all children and SOs I say call it a fantasy and leave it alone. I think that sometimes we think of what could of been even when we have a good relationship. Anytime you think of having a affair you should think of you children and what you will say to them if something would happen and the family would be breakin up. Safest thing leave it alone.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Put yourself in your kids or dh shoes and imagine it from there. Everytime i do something like this, that is what i do and then it goes away. Can you imagine leaving your dh and kids for someone else??Also think about how you feel with your dh, do you think you can live without that??
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree with the other ladies on this one. It seems as though you have given a lot of thought about this, but one part of you obviously knows it's wrong, or you wouldn't be talking to us about it. :(

Do you love your husband? Do you want to go through a divorce and all of it's repercussions just to find out about someone who may not be available? Think with your head on this one.

Take a get-away with your husband as soon as you can, and rekindle the romance there. :D
    I wish you all the best, and hope these thoughts turn to ashes.
    kar8abun

Answer by kar8abun at 11:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008