35 lb infant seats?

can anyone suggest an up to 35lbs infant seat? Thats not to pricey?

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you talking the kind that is carried? If so, I have not seen any made for a baby over 20 pounds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• yes they have some that go up to 35 lbs but they are a rare find
    jadensmom14

Comment by jadensmom14 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Why would you want to lug around a 35 pound baby in a 5 pound seat? By the time they reach that weight, it's easier to take them out of the seat and put them on your hip.
    The only benefit of an infant seat is that you don't have to take the baby out of the seat to take them out of the car. Once they hit 20 lbs, you may as well move them to a rear facing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• exacally i dont want to wake him up everytime i have to go somewhere i dont care if its 35lbs or not..................
    jadensmom14

Comment by jadensmom14 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have one. They're not that hard to find. They have them at Target and Babies R Us. I got mine with a stroller for $180 (I think). The seat is heavier than a normal infant seat, though. It weighs like 12lbs on it's own. My almost 6mo is like 16lbs right now and I can barely lift him in it. I leave that to hubby (we have a pick-up so you have to lift him up into it, the seats are above my waist, then climb in and get the thing in the middle seat).
    I like the seat, though. It goes from 5lbs-35lbs and up to 32" in length, I think. My baby will outgrow the length before the weight, though. He's already 27.5" but won't outgrow it as quickly as the seats we had for our older kids. We wanted it to last as long as possible. My older son outgrew his seat at 4 months because he hit the 26" limit and was almost 20lbs.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• the safety first onboard 35 is one I think. Graco makes a 35 pound snugride. I believe Chicco does too. Go to Target.com or something similar and go to infant car seats and read the descriptions. They tell you the weight limits on them.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Graco makes one, I believe it is the newer SnugRide, SafetyFirst OnBoard 35, I believe the Chicco Keyfit is one, there are probably a few more but these are the top recommended ones.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011