moxi sticks?? (moxibustion therapy to turn breech baby)

I have tried every maneuver and technique to get my baby to switch from the breech to vertex position. I am now 37 weeks and he is still breech, and I will still be attempting a homebirth. I was just wondering if anybody else had used moxi sticks and found success in them, or any other methods that helped your term breech baby turn vertex...

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 4:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Good luck with everything. I personally haven't had a child yet but my aunt who is a midwife has delivered several perfectly good breech babies. I just hope you are as prepared as you think because the women who have done it are always more surprised than they thought they would be. Lol. Does your midwife have experience with breech? good for you for trusting yourself but I also hope you aren't too determined not to throw in the towel if needed.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 7:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't know about moxi sticks, but I would not do a home birth if the baby is even possibly breech, at all, under any circumstance. Does your midwife agree with your decision?
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 4:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i agree with the previous two posters. too dangerous.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 5:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You are going to attempt to home birth a breech baby??? Both my my children were breech, that is very dangerous. I know you will have a mid-wife, but have you thought about reconsidering? I dunno. Good luck.

Anonymous

• yes and to make it even better its a breech vbac. I have done the research for myself, not just listening to obgyns and ACOG standards. certain variations of breech should be delivered via c-section, but everyones different. I trust my body and my baby.. and my midwife thank you very much :)
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011