Shes teething?!?!?!

My 2 MONTH old is getting her first tooth already!!! Is that at all normal?!?!

jmdelan2

Asked by jmdelan2 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They come in when they want. Yes, it's fine. Do you feel it? Or is she just drooling? My granddaughter is 10 mos and has been drooling since she was born... still no teeth.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well she has been drooling and cranky for about a week and I wasnt thinking anything of it cause shes so young, but yesterday I saw a tinny little white thing in her gums when she was crying I felt it.. it definately looks and feels like a tooth
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Teething can last a LONG time. She may start teething now, and not actually get a tooth for months. She also might get a tooth next week. You never know, but no, it's not abnormal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My two-month old has been drooling for the past few weeks, but so far I haven't seen any teeth, thank God! I *know* I'll miss that toothless grin! Just be grateful you don't have a baby who was BORN with teeth! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• :D I've heard of babies born with teeth, and feel for those mom's.

Don't forget that teeth are working their way up through the gums as well, which is painful. I know that with each of our kiddos, there would be weeks where you would see the white bump below the gum, but it wouldn't break through. MANY sleepless nights walking with a poor kiddo with no relief.

OraJel and Motrin are my friends at these times. A bib will help in catching the drool. Cold washcloths, and anything rubbery, or vibrates (we have a vibrating teething star that each of my kids have LOVED).

Good luck, and I hope your baby has an easier time with it than mine. :D
    kar8abun

Answer by kar8abun at 11:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2008