G.E.R.D.'s

My 4 month old has G.E.R.D.'s. Which is a acid reflux problem. I am worried about her because the lady told me that she is starting to associate pain with eating. She is already on medication for it but that only helps some. Not a whole lot. Is there any one that has any advice or knows any little tricks to make her feel better? She screams, stiffens up and arches her back when she has a flair up. I feel so bad but she has to eat and I am not sure what really works and what is just false advice. Please help if you can. thanks

khyleighsmama

Asked by khyleighsmama at 4:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask for a different medication. My oldest began to associate pain and eating and would go a long time without eating, then gorge and then spit in pain. Unfortunately for him, there was only zantac, which doesn't work well in moderate-severe cases and is extremely weight sensitive.

Ask your pediatrician for prevacid solutabs. you can crush them up and they dissolve on the tongue and taste yummy. If your doctor questions your request, ask for a referral to a pediatric gastro-enterologist.

I would look into a dairy sensitivity as well.

pm me if you have more questions
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No, I had myson on all the meds and the only thing hat worked was when I switched him to ENFAMIL NUTRAMIGUEN formula and I added Creal......It was like I had a different baby, he was so happy and I am too.
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011