Do you wait till they are a year old to introduce eggs?

I can't remember when i introduced them with my daughter.

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 5:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. I introduced them when I introduced solid foods. Which was about 10-11 months.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I introduced them with solids. I didn't wait for a certain age.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Eggs were one of the first solid foods my son ate. I started with homemade baby food, then moved up to soft solids and then things he had to chew. I would guess he was about 7 months or so when he had eggs for the first time. But he had already had things that contained eggs - tastes of cake frosting, foods that were pureed for baby food, etc.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 5:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I can't remember if it is the white or yolks you are supposed to avoid for the first year...either way, I didn't. It was one of my kids first solids as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I didn't personally introduce mine, his sitter did. I think he was around 7 or 8 months.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Mine all started eating scrambled eggs around 7 months (usually when we were out to eat). We have no history of food allergies in the family so I don't worry about that stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• did you're baby get the flu shot? the shot is actually grown in eggs so if your little one had the shot then there's no allergy. they say that it's the egg whites you're suppose to wait on, something about a protien allergy. but the yolks are fine to give, if you're worried. i'd say around 9 months or so.

check out this website: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/eggs.htm
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011