Post nursing blues

So after months of breastfeeding my dd finally decided enough is enough. And while I continued to offer and pump she would have none of it. So now we are on to formula and solids (per her doctor). But I'm a mess I'm hormonal, irritable, breaking worse than when I was a teen and always nauseated during my luteal phase. I know what it sounds like but every month it's negative and I get my cycle. I'm not on any meds or bc and am really curious what might help; especially any vitamins or herbal remedies. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know of any remedies except do your best to take care of yourself, sleeping and eating as best you can with a baby in the house.
    It can take months to a year for hormones to settle down after pregnancy, and after weaning. Give yourself time, ask for help if any is available. Sometimes just having an adult conversation is all you need. Try to find a new mom/baby playgroup.

Take care! Things will go back to normal (whatever that is, right?)
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011