help!! whatshould i do?

my 1 year old daughter won't stop crying..its her nap time. she wouldn't go to sleep. i gave her a bath to try to relax her. should i just let her cry herself to sleep?

ms_tina

Asked by ms_tina at 2:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she doesnt need to nap at this time anymore? I have learned to read my babies signals. If she is crying there mightbe something wrong. If you are sure she is tired and well taken care of just let her cry, there is nothing else you can do.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sometimes a think a bath really wakes them up. I know when I do not want my daughter to fall asleep I will give her a bath.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you could try that I am not saying to let her cry for hours on end. but don't run to pick her up everytime she cries thats why she does it.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You could let her stay up if she is not fussy...or let her CIO for like 20-30 minutes and then go in and comfort her and give her 20-30 more minutes...maybe she is not feeling well, have you tried tylenol and rocking her??
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 2:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't just leave her to cry herself to sleep. I'd push the naptime back a bit and go do something physically exhausting.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Does she get one or two naps? My little one only has one nap. It usually ends up being in the afternoon. If the weather is reasonable, take your little one for a little stroll around the neighborhood. Sometimes if my little one isn't tired yet, I go out and run a few errands with her. She usually ends up tired by the time we get home.
    bearycute

Answer by bearycute at 3:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• babies nap times can fluctualte as they grow, she may be learning a diff schedule. My 16 mo old did this for a few days before I realized that she no longer needed 2 naps a day.
    mijos_mom

Answer by mijos_mom at 5:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008