Flat spot on the side of baby's head?

I noticed today that my four month old has a flat spot on the left side. What couldbe causing this? Will it go away on its own? When she sleeps in her crib, she usually sleeps with her head facing to the right. The only time I see her favoring the left side is when she is in her swing. The only thing I can think of is maybe it could be from when her cousin accidently drop a cell phone on her head. ( I almost lost it)

jerseygirl41084

Asked by jerseygirl41084 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you shoul take her in to get evaluated by the doctor .
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 5:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You should have her see a doctor asap. Not to scare you or anything but it could be from her soft spot closing too quickly or something.... not something you want to wait on. Good Luck!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Are flat spots normal on a baby? Her soft spots that are on top of her head seem fine. The flat spot she has now is just behind her ear.
    jerseygirl41084

Comment by jerseygirl41084 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Honestly, I don't know. But it never hurts to just run it by the doctor just in case.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• she has an appt on the 22, i'll ask then
    jerseygirl41084

Comment by jerseygirl41084 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011