To look and not touch?

Is it necessarily a bad thing to want to look at other men....without wanting to touch... then maybe think about touching them.....of course without telling ur SO...that would be awkward!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• i think its fine. dh and i have a strict "look but don't touch" policy. its unhealthy to me to think nobody else on this planet is attractive anymore just because you got married. thinking someone is attractive and actually acting on something are two totally different things.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've been married for 25 years.. Not blind or dead for 25 years... LOL

I look at what is pleasing to my eye, what I find attractive.. That can be a beautiful painting, a gorgeous flower.. or an incredibly **hot** well built man........

I'm human. All humans (those with eyesight) do look at what they find pleasing to the eye. It's completely normal and natural.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's only natual to look at other people. We are only human.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's only natural hun..
    angi_mona

Answer by angi_mona at 5:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's completely natural to look at other people. I've even pointed out good looking women to DH. Then again, we're kind of weird.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Of course, it's fine to look - for men and women.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think it is the right thing to do but I think pretty much everyone does it!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no its not bad
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i used to say "damn!" when i saw a hot guy but now i know to just say that in my head. i think it's good to look but don't touch. guys do it and it's only natural.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 5:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Depends. Looking at them is natural. Lusting can lead to a road you don't wanna go down. Thinking about touching them could also lead down a road you don't wanna go down. Maybe like taking your attention away from your SO. If it doesn't get out of hand, that's one thing. But, some people just can't keep things under control, KWIM?
    My hubby and I notice attractive people, we comment on them. To each other, too. All the time. But, do I think about touching other men? No. And I'd hope he doesn't think about touching other women. To me, that would mean he would WANT to touch other women, even if he doesn't. That's just not a good thing. IMO, of course. But, to each there own.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011