Can you consume too much vitamin C?

I take a multi-vitamin, but otherwise, no vitamin C supplement. However, I eat so many fruits and vegetables daily that it seems like there is tons of vitamin C in every meal and fiber also. I'm not concerned about the fiber as I drink tons of water to balance it out. I'm wondering if I should just stop with the multi-vitamin since my diet is so choc full of vegetables and fruit. Any advice? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• Too much C will give you diarrhea

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Vitamin C is water soluable. Your body will give off what you do not use.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, you can eat too much Vitamin C. But that wouldn't be it, I wouldn't worry you'd have to constantly consume it, as in every second. Or an orange eating contest for it to become a problem!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• when i was younger i would eat vitamin c tablets bc i liked them, i suddenly came down with nasty blisters and sores all over my mouth, gums, toungue, and throat. they did numerous tests and then drew blood, they found that my vit c was too high (i don't know how high) but the dr told me i had to quit eating them. he said that i probably had an allergic reaction to it bc it built up in my body.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it will make u sick
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2011