Do long distance relationship really work out?

Pepper82

Asked by Pepper82 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• If BOTH parties are committed to each other.
    In my case it didn't work out. He cheated...a LOT.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it did for me and my husband when we first started dating... we would see eachother every weekend and lived two hours away from eachother.. and within 7 months we moved in together and got married 5 months after that.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• we live more than 2 hrs away from each other,I live in texas and hes currently in georgia.I really love this man and we've been dating for a year today actually.It has not been a smooth road this past year but Im stubborn and is willing to work past the distance issues

Pepper82

Comment by Pepper82 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It worked for me.  I lived in Canada and he lived in England.  We've been married for 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I met my DH on the internet over 10 yrs ago....he lived in Missouri, I lived in Montana......Obviously since we are married it worked out FABULOUSLY!!!!
    Ascott727

Answer by Ascott727 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• hubby and i lived apart for the first 6 1/2 yr. he lived in chicago and i lived in los angeles. we have been together 13 yrs and married for 4
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• before we were married, my husband and i maintained a steady relationship while he was deployed for 15 months. before the deployment, he lived 6 hours away in georgia and we managed to do it then too. yes i think they can work.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Some do. My husband and I did a LDR when I transferred before he did. We managed and are still together. It all depends on how much work both parties are willing to put into the relationship and the level of trust. If there's no trust, it's hard to have a LDR. I have had bad ones before.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ya'll ladies are awesome! Yall are giving me hope tysm

Pepper82

Comment by Pepper82 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, if you both are committed and want to make it work. it is hard, but make time for eachother to call/video chat. Reply to eachother's texts and send eachother surprises in the post :)

And...try not to focus on how hard it is to say goodbye, but how lovely it is to say hello and kiss him again on his return :)
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 6:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011