kool aid, etc into baby bottles (or sippy cups)

1) Have you ever personally witnessed a person pouring some into a bottle?

2) if yes, did you say anything or bite your tongue? (assuming this bothered you)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• yes and i asked her y she thought it was ok and she said well i mixed it with some water its ok!! she even puts soda in her babies bottles!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yuck. Never seen it. I've heard of people who put coke in their baby's bottle! My son is almost 16 months and he doesnt' get anything but water and breastmilk. No one really NEEDS juice.

OP, did you see someone do this? Some parents are crazy!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The health department told us to only pour milk or water in sippee cups. But, sometimes, I would put kool-Aid or juice in my kids' sippee cups. I don't see anything wrong with doing it every now and then. It's that parents' child..not yours.. nor mine. As long as the parent isn't physically abusing the child..I don't see any reason to get involved.
    Jou-Jou

Answer by Jou-Jou at 6:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My step daughter's mom would put Dr. Pepper in her sippy cup because she had "heard that there was prune juice in it for flavoring and it would help her constipation". We told her that wasn't true and you don't give a 1 and a half year old soda yeesh
    cookincat743

Answer by cookincat743 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• you know once on a trip to my ss house when he was 5 months we were in the middle of nowhere and all we had was mountain dew, i didn't want to but he wasn't going to stop without it. i don't really see the problem with juice in baby bottles but i don't think i ever put other junk in them except that once. but it's up to the mother if she really wants her kid having that stuff.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've never seen it at all. it would really freak me out.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't say anything to anyone, they are free to raise their kids however they want. Now, if someone offers MY child koolaid, soda or anything besides water, milk or watered down juice, I politely tell them that she doesn't drink it, but thank you anyway.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• OK
    So......
    What's wrong with giving a child Kool Aid in a sippy cup?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i have put koolaid, tea, juice, and on the occasion soda into my sons sippy cup. its always about 3/4ths water though and he doesnt like soda that much. He will be 3 on friday.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, I actually have seen this happen before. The person I saw doing it was a stranger so I did not say anything because it was not my place to do so. If it had been someone I knew I would have just asked if they needed anything else to give the baby. Unfortunately some people really don't know better and have to be educated.
    kimmeyj7

Answer by kimmeyj7 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011