When did you tell your little one that you were pregnant?

So we are pregnant! YEAH! Excited but nervous! When did you tell your little one that you were pregnant? We have had complications with 2 other pregnancies so if something did happen I wouldn't want to explain to my son, that I am not pregnant anymore. Any advice would be much appreciated!

NAT24ROXY24

Asked by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• After the first trimester to minimise the risk of having to explain that I wasn't any more if I had a miscarriage. Depending on what problems you have is probably depending on how late you should tell them. To kids waiting a month is much the same as waiting a few months or longer so don't worry about rushing it. Just do what you feel comfortable with and when you feel sure about it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

When I was pregnant with my 1 year old I told her right away.

This last baby I planned to tell them (not that the 1 year old would know any better) when I was in my second trimester because i felt like something wasn't right. I was right adn I miscarried so I'm SO SO SO glad i didn't tell her because it would have been VERY difficult to explain.

In the future I will wait until the 2nd trimester.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i told my son hes 3 that he was going to have a lil bro or sis when i was about 12wks. im 23wks now and he will be having a lil sister :)
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had to take my oldest daughter with me to every appointment when I was pregnant with my oldest son so she knew as soon as I did.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We waited until I had quite a noticeable baby bump because it is so hard for kids to understnd how long it is to wait. Our son was 2.5 when we told him.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I told my 6 yr old that he was going to have a sibling about the time i was 9 weeks? I think. now im 24wks. and he is havin a sister. but she may be handicapped so i have also been letting him know that she may need special attention from mommy and Nick, but he will be loved just as much as she will... i dont think he will do wel at first
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011