If ur a stay-at-home mom,

Does it drive u crazy if ur SO tells u that he makes the money, if u leave he won't give u any? Then take ur car keys, ur debit/credit card, and then grab by the arms if u go even near the door or to go get dressed to leave...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• ummm that is abuse. you can get help.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Two words: abuse and alimony :D
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 6:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Never in ten years! We've had plenty of fights about money too but never like that. Him telling you that you can't have any money if you leave is like bribing you to stay. Either leave his sorry butt, get counseling, or get a job and save money untill you can leave. PM me if you need to mama. Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Um... I am not a stay at home mom but that just sounds abusive to me. I would hope non ones DH would treat them that way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Um if this is real, why would you stay in a relationship like that. My hubby would never do that. Sounds abusive. Run away quickly and take the kids.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• This has nothing to do with being a SAHM, this has to do with having an abusive and controlling husband. I suggest you get help, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You need to leave now if this is happening to you. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Been a stay at home mom for 4 years now...and my husband HAS never ever EVER taken money from me.or said he was...If I want to go out because I am going stir crazy he understands...Just like i understand he had a long week and would like to go out with his buddies....If my husband ever layed a hand on me you bet he would be missing it.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• But he doesn't do this all of the time. Only when I mention leaving. He also threatens to take our son from me bc he thinks that he could get me for a mental issue since I have trichotillomania, but it has nothing to do with mental, not really. He says I wouldn't be able to take one of our two cars either bc they r in his name. He said he'd call the cops for a stolen vehicle. I know I get mean sometimes, but he doesn't let me take time to think by myself when I'm upset. He's usually a sweet guy who says i'm beautiful and that he doesn't look at any other women. He never goes out. He works and comes home. That's it. Sometimes I get tired of the same ole routine with him, but I'm content. To be blunt, he's getting pretty boring in bed, too....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• he sounds beyond help, IMO. I suffer from trich as well..... I guess in the back of my brain I was always scared my husband could turn nasty like that so I made sure my name is on all leases, cars, bank accts, etc. so it's truly equal.

Consider applying for a credit card in your name only. Use that to leave, the day it arrives in the mail.

or call a cab to the local womens shelter. they'll pay the fare I promise. In court and custody he who strikes 1st is taken more seriously. File for divorce, child support, spousal support, and certainly an order for protection. and if u aren't already in counseling for your trich get there ASAP.... the judge would wanna see that you're stable.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011