Is it ok to give a 16 month old a supository for Constipation?

My son is experiencing a lot of discomfort with his Bowel Movement's, I have tried Corn syrup, pear juice, etc and nothing seems to be helping him other than supository/Glyceron based. is this alright? What else can I do?

Doubleaamom

Asked by Doubleaamom at 2:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son is now 15 months. For the first year of his life he would poop maybe twice a month. We had him in the dr so much it was rediculus. there was no answer. We would give him a suppository when it got to be uncomfortable. I recommend the liquid ones.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you need to look into your child's diet to see what is causeing this problem. Take you little one to the chiropractor. They can get things moving. Also consider taking dairy out of his diet. It often has one on 2 effects on people constipation or diarrea.
    Anonymous

• I agree with first poster: how much milk does your child consume a day? How much juice? He might not have enough roughage.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think so.
    Anonymous