Teen dads

If you have a son and daughter, is it worse for dd to get pregnant, ds to get a girl pregnant or equal? I wanna say equal but i only have a dd for now. Why does society make a big deal of teen moms and not teen dads? Why is it a double standard? I know that the teen girls parent sometimes have to contribute financially and maybe help raise BUT if they dont then what else is there to give a diff about? What areyour thoughts? And WYR have dd pregnant or dh get another girl pregnant?( I wouldnt choose either obvi BUT what if you knew it was going to happen)

Aside from potential health risks!! TIA!!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think parents need to be more responsible for their kids. why is a 16 yr old boy and girl alone with each other? i know they find ways, but be a parents, know where they are at all times, and most important teach them correctly from the beginning.....and i know after i say this, in 11 yrs my son will come home with the news of his gf being pregnant....lol......
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• hnestly I think it would b harder when my son gets a girl pregnant because there could be that thought of is it really his, and you also have to worry about the girl, because what if she is a crappy mother or takes the baby or things like that....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's a hard thing to deal with. Teen parents in general. It doesn't matter if it's your son or daughter.

Teen pregnancy will always be a difficult thing for parents to handle, sucks it's so common now. Makes me so worried for my kids when they grow up.

I have a 14 year old son, 13 year old daughter and a 3 year old son, I worry a lot about that.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I was a teen mom. I had to do everything for my child and I was the one who everyone gave nasty looks to, even though most people knew who the father was, no one seemed to treat my ex any different. Since I was on bedrest with my pregnancy, I lived with my parents and they had to help quite a bit, neither he nor his parents gave a dime. Me and my parents are the ones who have had the joy of having my dd but we have had all the responsiblity (now I do it on my own) It's not fair that if a girl gets pregnant she's a slut but if a guy gets a girl pregnant, it's all her fault and people feel sorry for him.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Good point JL and congrats on being an awesome mom!! Its def sad that the girls are the ones looked down on. I watch teen mom and 16 and pregnant and so many of the boys families blame the girl for ruining their sons lives! It takes two to tango asshole and only the "man" can fertilize the effin egg! It really bothers me to have some parents get so mad at one person when both are to blame!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I wanna say its equal
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2011