Republican introducing gun restriction legislation to protect office holders, thoughts?

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) is expected to introduce legislation that will combine gun control concerns with the safety of government officials by making it illegal to carry a firearm within 1,000 feet of such officeholders.

Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind.) recently announced plans in the wake of the Arizona shooting to reintroduce a piece of legislation that would provide for the creation of Plexiglas-like wall that would enclose the House gallery, preventing visitors from being able to throw explosives onto the floor.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What an asshole.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• What an idiiot. I have a concealed carry permit and it is RARE for me to not be carrying. I wouldn't know most of our legislators if I saw them on the street. Am I supposed to start carrying a photo album just to make sure I don't get close to one while carrying my LEGAL weapon??? Am I expected to leave the grocery store if one happens to be shopping there? What if one comes in one of my businesses..do I ask them to leave???

What a freaking moron. More useless regulations for HONEST and LAW ABIDING citizens.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Killers don't care about laws. This is useless.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

Answer by grlygrlz2
    ********************************

Seriuosly. If the laws mattered wouldn't the fact that murdering someone is against the law be good enough?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• More jerky knees!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Next, taxpayers will be funding personalized "Pope-mobiles" for every member of Congress, The Supreme Court, and the POTUS!!

eye rolling

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The only thing that law would accomplish would be to make everyone near such office holders an extra target, without ever preventing anyone from showing up with a weapon (and there are a lot more than just 'guns' available). If someone truly wants to harm another person, they will ... and they already don't care about the law.

What such a law would accomplish would be to chink out one more bit of second amendment rights. Their end goal is erasing the second entirely and since so many people protest that, they are chipping away at it rather than just dragging out a big eraser. Fortunately, not everyone is as stupid as they are. Fortunately there are a great many people who do still care about the COTUS.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Idiots. If you're going to shoot at a public figure, you obviously don't care about where you are legally allowed to bring your gun. Just another way to use a tragedy to limit the freedoms of law abiding American citizens.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Feel good legislation: It's not just for the left anymore.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Just more needless spending…

And Plexi-glass, he can't be serious! If he feels that unsafe, maybe he should resign...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2011