Honoring Grandmother

I really really want to use one of my grandmothers names if I ever have a girl. I will probably use one of them as a middle name but my husband hates her name.

Betty Louise

I actually like Louise as a middle name and have always fantasized about naming a girl Linessa Louise and calling her Linny Lou for short. Also I like that name because my aunt (and godmother) is named Lynette and goes by Lyni so its kind of a nod to her as well.

SO, Linessa Louise. (Linny Lou-obvioulsy the name can grow with her and she won't be Linny Lou forever. i know its kinda Cindy Lou Who-ish)

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 7:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Baby Names

• I think Linessa Louise is cute! And it's such a beautiful thing to honor your grandmother.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My grandma is Myra Louise. I always said that if I have a girl it would be Mara Grace after her. Even Myra is becoming a favorite but I would spell is Mayra.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My middle name is Luanne,after my father (Louis).While I don't mind the name,as a child I was called by my first name and then "Lu",much the same as you plan to do with your daughter.I must tell you I absolutely hated it;it sounds so hokey and so very undignified.I couldn't wait until I outgrew it and family stopped using it.Sorry,but there was absolutely nothing cute about it.Linney Lou? Please rethink this.
    daye62

Answer by daye62 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• When the time comes have long discussions with your husband about it. He should have some input too. Maybe let him pick the first name (if you have a girl!).
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not a fan sorry.You should choose ONE of those names to use and let your DH pick a name he likes.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011