Were you the "other woman"? adult content

Have you ever dated a married man? How did the relationship pan out? Im not bashing but just curious. Did your relationship last or did he cheat on you also? Or was it the best decision you ever made? I know this is a personal ? so you can answer anon or not at all if offended.(not trying to start a fight)

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• No I havent been but can give you an example. My ex cheated on me and I tossed him out. He went to the other woman and told some sob story and she took him in. I told her he was sleeping around, not just with her, but with many others and I had proof and could print it out for her since I figured she didnt want to get into a situation like this and end up with Aids or something. She laughed at me and didnt care. This was summer 2002.
    Fast forward to summer 2010 and they have broke up. She had a child with him, and all the games he played with me in court he is playing with her. I am fairly sure he cheated or she did. Ex already has a new gf basically living with him and she was around with in a week or two of the break up.
    Karma is a hellava bitch and when you cheat and break up a marriage or even contribute to it, it will come back and bite you right on the ass.

Answer by gemgem at 7:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i was, once. i can't change the past, nor do i need to apologize for it to anyone, so bash away. it doesn't matter that they were legally separated, they were still married.
    did i learn a lesson? yes, several. did it pan out? yes..for him. was i in love? i thought i was..at the time, i would've given anything for him and his family. everyone around us knew the situation, and oddly enough, no one ever pulled my aside and said, ''wth are you doing, stupid?'' ..ah, well..can't blame anyone but myself.
    so yes, i feel the same way anyone else does about women who sleep with married men, or vice versa. but do i judge them? not entirely.
    never judge a man (or woman) til you've walked a mile in their moccasins.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• PS i know someone in this situation and am wondering how things will/can pan out
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Hell no! It would be contributing to adultery, aiding and abetting ADULTERY. A guy can't cheat all by himself. A woman who cheats with a married man is nasty.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I def agree with what you are saying kerp. But if a man is cheating then he is the one ruining his family. The other girl is def a factor but IMO not to blame. Hes the homewrecker
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i did
    but i did not know
    a friend told me that she heard he might be married
    i confronted him, asked him straight out
    hr could not give a straight answer
    i never spoke to him again
    if i had any idea who his wife was or how to contact her... i wonder if i would have told her, even anon told her
    i just might have
    that was a long time ago
    after that, i was much more careful to look for signs, not always easy to see- cheaters are very good at lying too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No, but I've been with my husband since I was 14, not a lot of time to be involved with a married man (other than my own).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011