Friend not going to get her child from house party to teach her a lesson, should I go or leave it be?

My very close friend is not picking up her daughter from a house party (it's 20 past midnight here) because she sneaked out. My issue is, it's late and it's in the big city near us. It's a very dangerous place at night with gang issues etc, especially the area she's in. She's in a nasty area and I've looked up bus and train routes and she'd have to walk quite a way.

I've tried to persuade my friend to go and fetch her but she won't budge and has gone to bed. I'm really nervous about this. I have my best friend here so I can easily nip out and grab her, what would you do??

Quick please, I may just decide to go any way, I think my friend would kill me but I think ti's worth it.

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 7:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would have to go pick her up. I want to say more, but you need a quick answer. I would go get her, how old is she?
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 15
    leah_rai

Comment by leah_rai (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yo may be stepping on your friends toes... I would ask her first.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Go get her, there are too many kids disappearing, now days. I would tell her- not ask- that I am going to pick her up if she won't. I would also tell my friend that I would expect her to care for my child just as much if I was thinking irrationally, out of anger.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Honestly, I would rather step on my friend's toes and know that a child is safe than to do nothing and have something horrible happen.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• go get her
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If it's the end, or a bumpy period, in your friendship so be it. Any parent should be there for her kid no matter what.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thank you ladies! I'm on my way now!
    leah_rai

Comment by leah_rai (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'd go. No way in hell would I leave a 15 year old in a bad area to "teach her a lesson".
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• GO GET HER ASAP!!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011