How do you get a man to GET it in regards to just needing a break?

I have been oh so in mommy meltdown mode the last month or two. I get frustrated because my dh does not get it when I say I need a break he thinks if he takes 2 of the 3 kids for an hour or two that constitutes a break. I have to either take the kids or pay a sitter cuz my family is not helpful at all and his mom already watches them while I work so I don't like to ask her much more than that. I have made appts for a haircut and told him in advance so he would be able to watch the kids, and then he forgets or calls his mom to watch em. Why can't he just take the time to do it without calling in the backup (his mommy), why can't I just go at my leisure without a phone call asking where I am and why I am taking so long when I am grocery shopping to feed him and his kids and I have been gone for more than an hour? When will he get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• They never get it.
    Anonymous

• He'll get it when he's in your shoes for more than a hour or so. Next time you are out shopping, don't answer the phone! And if he calls in reinforcements, that's HIS issue not yours (unless there's a special reason you don't want them in that person's care).

You need to take an entire day....just do it!!!
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 2:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Never.he's a man.God bless em.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i have to disagree with the 2 pps. my dh takes the kids whenever i ask, as long as he is free. sometimes he will even take them to work. (he does sprinkler/landscape work.) he knows that i need a break and he helps out. i think it is something that they have to be born with to be honest. its called caring about someone besides themselves. as far as what to do, i think you should call his mom in advance and tell her that when he calls to say she is busy or not answer the phone. that way he has to do it himself for once.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008