is it true if your child had medicaid you can use it to buy baby essentials with ?

gavinmommy31

Asked by gavinmommy31 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• not unless your doctor gave you an order or prescription for them

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Wow! NO
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Doesn't work that way. it only cover medical visits, medical equipment, and prescriptions. Now I do have medicaid and they do cover pull- ups and wipes, but my doctor does have to verify medical necessity in order to get them. Believe me I would rather not have to need them, but it's really hard training my special needs child. He's only half way there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Here in GA, while on medicaid you have to sign up for 1 of 3 healthplans. I guess they do it so you can feel like you have regular insurance, idk. But on one of those healthplans, Wellcare it's called, there is a supply list you can buy from. You are allotted like $25/month and there is a price list for all the supplies. They have everything from rubbing alcohol to pads and condoms. I saw a pamphlet on in at my kid's doctors office. I wanted to use it, but never got around to when my kids were on medicaid.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well I got a call from a friend who lives in the state of florida and used her medicaid card at cvs today to buy her daughter wipes diapers ex... she said that you get money put on there for bringing your child to there appts. just go to any pharm with you childs medicaid card and they will let you know how much you have to spend and they will give you a list of what exactly you can get.
    Im looking into it. Seems unreal but she wouldnt mislead me.
    gavinmommy31

Comment by gavinmommy31 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well that sounds good I've never heard of it though, you might check it out
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• yea I deff am !!
    gavinmommy31

Comment by gavinmommy31 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well I live in Fl. and my children are on Medicaid but they do not pay for anything more than they have to.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not sure ??? Thats why im asking and looking into it but deff doesnt hurt to try !!
    gavinmommy31

Comment by gavinmommy31 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011