CafeMom's i need your help

I'm going to court i've been charge with a misdemeanor simple battery charge the officers said the judge probably just throw it out i'm not sure the thing is i don't know what to plea guilty or innocent of course i believe i'm innocent me and the young lady was arguing for a little while and things got heated she struck me and i hit her back and we got to fighting now this was in front of our college on the outside but yet that's their property and get this she has witnesses that are lying because if they seen us arguing they probably would have broke that up instead of the fight and now the Dean has put in a no registration hold and i don't know what to do i've been to the Dean's office and she was'nt around some of the teachers and staff says wait on the Dean to contact me me and the young lady was in the same class and in the same group we had a project to do all 4 members bailed on me and i informed the teacher on what was going on with the other students that day she was the only showed up the others later after the class the was also informed that no one was getting along,and she snaked me on the last day acting all friendly stole my ideas and turned them in and some of the work i did and shes a foreign student that always bragged on how she could do what she wants and anit worried becuse she can go back home, our teacher only knows of her aggressive behavior,and what i've notice with police officers if you don't let anyone beat the hell out of you then you're the aggressor, we argued but she had no right to hit me, so how should i plea, and her witnesses is some buddies of hers from our class that ran out there, but no one was around and like i told the officers if i had plans on fighting why would i jump on her at school and of course she knows who i am whether it was at school or anywhere else

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• There is a difference between not guilty and innocent. Once you are in the court room it's not about what you did or didn't do. It's about legal procedure. Plead not guilty. They have to prove you did something, legally not morally. I was arrested once in my life for the same thing. I ended up trying to plead nolo contendre but the Judge wouldn't accept it. He heard my story and dismissed the case. Plead not guilty and tell your story showing it was self defense. That's what I would do

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not sure what help you need, I think it's a stupid fight, but it actually kinda made me smirk cuz I rem. this exchange student from when I was in school, who always got the credit for copying my work, and it was in ART!!!! I hated that. Hope things work out for you!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Its always best to plead not guilty. Otherwise you are admitting you did something wrong and the judge might pass judgment without hearing the case and your side.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would plead not guilty. Good Luck.
    augest1

Answer by augest1 at 1:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2011