BH THIS early?!?!?!

I will be 18 weeks on Thursday. This is my third baby. I have not had this with my previous pregnancies, BUT I have been experiencing cramping that comes and goes, and sometimes really hurts, and takes my breath away. I know that it is not stretching, because I have felt stretching, and this is completely different. Is it normal to experience Braxton Hicks???

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my second pregnancy I started with BH at 5 months, the pregnancy I am having now, I believe I am having them again. I am currently 20 wks. With my that pregnancy I would have them everyday. And by the time I was 8 months prego I had them all day everyday. My dr. sent me to be monitored at 35 wks and I was having Pre-term labor and I didn't think I was. I was having more contractions (every 5 min) then I had realized I was having. I am just lucky I carried him so high or it could have been bad. My dr. told me that at any time I feel concerned with them that I should go into OB to get monitored. So if you are worried you don't have to wait for a dr. appt. go into OB.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It seems a little early but not unheard of. If you're really worried just ask your OB. Hope you're feeling some relief soon!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have an appointment on the 17th, and I am just wondering if I should wait, or call and ask the nurse?
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If it persists I'd call the doctor. The line between braxton hicks and outright pre-term labor is not very thick. If you are having contractions call in and see what they want you to do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• the cramps have never gotten bad past a certain point. And sometimes, they just go away. But I have been experiencing this for a few days, and it had gotten annoying. Also, TMI, but when I have an orgasm, the cramping gets worse. THIS, I have experienced with my previous pregnancies, but never this early.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• totally normal you can have BH from the first trimester on
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2011