When do you let your son go off to spend the night with friends?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 8:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine were around 11-12 when they started asking but we preferred to have their friends stay the night here because the parents of their friends were mostly partiers and we didn't trust them to supervise & be there. We knew that here they'd be supervised and that there'd always be an adult around.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Well my son is only 3, but I figure I'll base that more on maturity then age...

A sleepover at 10 is one thing... As long as he is under my roof, I will have a phone number, address, and have talked to the parents before I o.k.-ed anything... I don't want my son being like I was...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My son never wanted to, even now at 23 he never does this they all come to our house and stay here.

Answer by older at 8:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my son is 5, and he has slept over at a couple places, they were family with kids, but i think as long as i know the parents, if he wanted to i would let him. but if he decided inthe middle of the night he wanted to come home i would go get him.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 12, 2011