My Husband and I have decided to have a baby, I heard that I have to wait 3 months because I just went off the pill is this true, or can we try right away. If it is what is the reason?????

How long do I have to wait after going off the pill

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you can try right away. It will happen eventually. When I got off the pill I tried right away and now we have our 3rd child and he is fine. He is now 1 1/2yrs old.
    mamma_bugs

Answer by mamma_bugs at 10:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My husband and I decided we wanted to try to have a baby in the middle of May 2008. I thought we would have a really hard time trying to conceive, but I ended up finding out I was pregnant and it happened sometime around Memorial day 08.

You are MOST likely to become pregnant the 7 days after you stop your pill. Your body isn't used to having the hormones back again and it's very easy to conceive.

Hope I helped! :]
    hannahmariep

Answer by hannahmariep at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I went off the pill and that very cycle I went off the pill I was expecting. Some doctors may tell their patients to wait a few months so that your cycle can regulate itself on its own without the hormones that your body may be used to. Knowing your cycle is crucial to figuring out what the best days of the month are to try to have a baby. Knowing when you are ovulating is important!!
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Go ahead and try. I went off the pill and within a month I was pregnant and now she is 7. Just keep track and your period because your doctor will ask.
    Bonnie1977

Answer by Bonnie1977 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I got pregnant with 4 th while switching from pill to shot..Needless to say I got 2 bottles of prenatal's instead of shot!! LOL my child is fine I do not see any side effects...I would say start trying now it might take you 3 mo.??
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I'm not real sure but I got pregnant while on the pill 3 times and my baby's were healthy.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 12:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My doctor actually put me on the pill when I was unable to concieve because I was not producing the necessary hormones. The pill was supposed to put me back on track with hormones and get my cycle back to normal. I think I was on it for 2 cycles and went off of it to get pregnant right away. There should be no problem at all and no reason to wait! Go ahead!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I was on the pill for 10 years and got pregnant a month after getting off them. I was worried it would take a long time, but apparently not. The only reason they tell you to wait a couple of months is so that your cycles can stabilize. This way they can more likely pinpoint when conception occurs. From what I've read, this is the only reason. Good luck!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You don't HAVE to wait, but it could take 3 months before you get pregnant. As a matter of fact, I got pregnant with both of my children on the 3rd month after quitting the pill. LOL
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It took me three months after stopping BC to get pregnant the first time and didn't even take a month when going off them the second time I got pregnant. I would try right away if I were you if your cycles are normal.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2008