Who else has been through this one?

I was shopping with my good friend and her three year old son. I was enjoying shopping without my kids for once. He started acting up and she gave him warning after warning. Then he spit in her face so she popped him on his leg. For the ENTIRE rest of the shopping trip he was screaming, YOU HIT ME!!

It was so funny. We were both embarassed, yet at the same time it was quite hysterical. He didn't even have so much as a red dot from where she popped him. It was just the shock. The looks we got were priceless. Him screaming, us laughing hysterically with tears streaming down our faces!

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 8:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• we spank, but not that often. and i never realized how mucha 3 yo will pick up on what you say, for example threats you may say to make them behave so you don't have to spank.

we were at the football feild, my 3 yo was actingup, so i started to count to three before i disaplened him. he cried out, "no, mommy!! don't beat my ass!!"

i could have died!!!!!!!! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• lol no havnt been through that....but thats a good one....I would have been rolling on the floor haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my 3 year old does this all the time .....i try not to laugh but its too funny!
    StephanyCraney

Answer by StephanyCraney at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes. I was at the commissary with my 3 kids, and my friend and her 2. We were towards the end of the shopping, and the kids had all be acting up the entire time. My oldest son hit her son, and he got hurt. So I popped mine on the butt, with a spoon. It made more noise then feeling. Yes, a spoon. Bad mommy. It wasn't hard, at all. But he pitched a huge fit. No one really paid much attention. Well, by the time we got around the corner, he was totally fine. He was back to laughing. This lady came up to me, got in my face, and asked me how I'd like it if she beat me, with that spoon. (Beat me was what she said. I didn't beat him, mind you. I know he barely felt it, I barely popped him) We exchanged words, and it got loud. She threatened to call CPS, so I offered to call for her. It was actually horrible for me. By the time I got to the check out, I was beet red, my ears were burning, and I was trying my best to not cry.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It wasn't my spoon, it was my friends. And I do realize it was wrong to do that in public. I don't beat my kids, I rarely even spank.

I was so upset by the time I got home. I called my dad. He asked if she had kids, I said I guess, they are probably perfect. He laughed and said 'yeah, my prison is full of those 'perfect' kids'. He was a CO at the time.

It really doesn't matter sometimes what you do or don't do with your kids in public. If they act up and you discipline, someone will find fault. If you bribe them to stop, someone will find fault. If you ignore it in hopes they stop, someone will find fault. And, if you are really lucky, some holier then thou person will actually approach you and actually tell you what you have done wrong.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• if im kidless i do NOT go places with other peoples kids... if Im kidless then i would rather go alone than with someone elses kid
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• LOL! My kids used to scream that, too! 'Don't beat my ass!' Can't help but to laugh! They'd only do it at home though.

Counting to 3 really works now though.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my son who is 5 likes to run through parking lots......yeah, i know. i was 9 months prego and he just took off as soon as i took him out of the cart....this lady comes up to me and asks if im going to do something about it. i asked her what would she like me to do since i have this belly and can barely walk in the first place? she said chase him...i said why don't you chase him since you seem to think you are better than me. she also said she was calling poilice and cps....i said i have the number on speed dial, and i would call for her. she got pissed and stormed off, went into the store and announced i was letting my child run in the parking lot.....a man came out, and yelled at my son to get his ass back to me.....he did....i was like, thank you, and went home........people are such douches!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 12, 2011