what to do when your baby fights his/her sleep?

i have 4 month old twin boys one sleeps all threw the night and the other wont sleep at all he is always fighting his sleep, what can i do?

citymommaof3

Asked by citymommaof3 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just be patient. Nurse him if you are breastfeeding. Otherwise, just keep his environmnt quiet and calm, get a good bedtime routine, and hang in there. For most babies this is just a phase.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I also have a 4 month old who fights his sleep, u can't really do anything. He only takes two 40 min naps a day, but sleeps through the night! I just make sure he is put down for nap time at the same time each day so he knows that even if he doesn't sleep for a long time, it is nap/rest time. And just recently I started him on cereal, and he is taking a longer morning nap! So maybe cereal will help ur little one! Some babies like sleep, others don't...u can't tape their eyes shut.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my 9 month old fights naps, but will sleep the whole night (most of the time) he sleeps from 9pm or so to 6-7 am then he naps for about an hour around noon and another hour anytime between 3-6pm. but when he goes down for a nap or for bed time the only thing i can do is rock him...i've been told let him cry, well, the longest he's cried is about 30mins...he will not cry himself to sleep i've tried, he will only go to sleep if rocked. and even then he'll fight me and arch his back and rub his eyes and cry. at 4 months all you can really do is feed him and love him and try to keep him calm and relaxed the best you can. do you use a night light, because i've read that a light can keep him awake. you can also try a mobil or something that plays lullabies. keep testing and see what works best...he may just want to be held. he's only been in this world 4 months, he spent more time nice and snug with you while in womb. GL!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 12, 2011