I love being a mom, but

Every once in a while I dream I have no kids, no dogs, no hubby and it's just me and the gals on a weekend getaway.

Is that just a little evil?

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 8:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. You NEED a get away every now and then. I have a weekend away with my sisters and girlfriends. It restores sanity. Our hubbies were reluctant at first, but when they saw how much calmer and happier we were after, they started endorsing the idea.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• at the beachNah, we all get those moments. Specially when its one of,"those days"..

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No. Honestly, I'm happy with my life, but sometimes I ponder way too much! LOL
    What would be like if I were single with no kids(lonley)
    Where would I be if I stayed in high school?
    What would have happened if I stayed with my ex? etc etc etc
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not evil at all and I have even gone on those weekend get aways. I have a group of friends and we try to go away at least 1 weekend every year. We have been to South Beach, Fort Myers, and Old Orchard Beach.

We didn't get to go away this year because my DD got sick right before we were suppose to go, she was sick to the point that she almost died and was in the hospital for 2 months.

We are thinking of trying to go again this year, although we will have to see how my DD is.

I must say it is a lot of fun going away even for just a few days, I think it makes me a better mother and partner.

Good Luck and Have Fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• sounds like a kidfree weekend is needed?!?!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i usually have that dream hit on the weekends, when dh/ds are both home. lol!
    i love my son, and i love being a momma..he's so sweet and smart and i'm so proud of him. i won't deny those moments i remember how easy life was without all the responsibility of being wife/momma, though. i never knew i had it so good! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Nope, not at all! I also think about that.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No and I find myself daydreaming about it so often that I'm thinking of planning a long weekend away with a few friends in the fall. If H is comfortable with the baby (I'm due May 4th) and I can pump enough for him to feed her while I'm gone. lol
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011