Easy-to-Make Dessert?

My family's having a family get-together on Saturday, and I was asked to bring a dessert? Any suggestions on a dessert that's easy to make?

alf2651

Asked by alf2651 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• buy a cheese cake at walmart, it's delicious and actually costs about the same to buy one as to make it from scratch.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Trifles are so easy and pack a big punch! My favorite is just a layer of chocolate cake, a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of whipped cream, a layer of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and whipped cream and then top it off with ground up Heath bars or Oreos. So easy and so yummy!

I just bake a boxed devil's food cake and split it in half, one half for each layer. Instant pudding takes about five minutes to make, if that. And two tubs of Cool Whip. Walla!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Buy a couple of boxes of chocolate cake mix and make chocolate cake. EVERYONE loves chocolate cake...trust me.
    Anonymous

• Chocolate cobbler is the best dessert ever, and it's super easy. Here's the recipe....
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/my-grannye28099s-chocolate-cobbler/

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Easiest, best dessert ever:

cream cheese pie:

with an electric mixer, beat 2 8oz packages of cream cheese (softened at room temp) with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp lemon juice. Pour into a premade graham cracker pie crust. Chill in the fridge for about 4 hours. Top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries or a combo of all 3 :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I love the no bake Jello cheesecake, and my kids love it. I also like No Bake cookies. Who doesn't love cookies?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Berry Trifle
    Cut a pound cake in pieces, put a layer in the bottom of a bowl, add a layer of frozen blackberries, blueberries and raspberries,add another layer of cake and berries, mix eagle brand milk, vanilla pudding and a container of Cool Whip pour over the trifle and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• How many do you have to serve?

Charlie Brown Pie
    Buy a graham cracker crust. For a skimpy pie, mix 1 small box chocolate pudding with 1.5 cups milk. For a full pie, mix 2 small boxes with 3 cups milk. Pour into shell before it sets. Once set, spread on some Cool-Whip (anywhere from 1/2 - 1 tub). I make this all the time for meals at our school or church and it's the first thing taken - huge hit with all ages!

Banana Cream Pie
    Buy a graham cracker crust. Mix 1 small box banana pudding with 1.5 cups milk. Slice 2 bananas into pudding, and pour into crust. Top with Cool-Whip.
    Anonymous

• make banana bread, cut into thick slices then slice again into sticks and dip into
    melted chocolate
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011