When you get off a diet, do you pig out?

I do, I'm so stuffed I could puke! And it's hard to stop!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I never did, I did however find myself going back to bad eating habits over time. Now I am making a change in how I eat and will stick to this until I die, so much easier to do then dieting.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't diet. I just eat the best I can. Mostly unprocessed, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains. I use a lot of great healthy recipes and then sometimes I indulge in things like cheesecake or pizza cause I want to. I can have what ever I want, whenever, so I rarely want junk cause it's not out of reach
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I try and not do this I just try to eat right and exercise however, I do get depressed and hit the fridge from time to time
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No I am normally good once I adjust my diet. Where I have problems is when I go on vacation or out with friends and I feel obligated to eat something I normally wouldn't. Then once I get a taste of it, that's when I fall off the wagon!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No, not really. It's like Peajewel, when you're out with friends or it's vacation...you feel like you must splurge. I can tell the difference too, because my body is not happy with me afterward...makes me sick to my stomach.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• No but some old habits are hard to break
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• That's exactly why you shouldn't "diet". You end up depriving yourself, and then overdoing it. It's a really bad cycle and is not good for your health (or your weight). Diets absolutely cannot work in the long-term. You just have to learn to start eating healthy as a way of life, consuming mostly fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins, along with whole grains for carbs.

Let me state it again for emphasis: DIETS DON'T WORK.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:47 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• that's why i try not to diet, not bashing, it is better to once in a while indulge on what you'll like rather than doing it all at once at the end.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• ALWAYS!
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• vicesix said it perfectly! The way to lose weight, keep it off and stay healthy is to adopt healthy eating and exercise habits for LIFE. Your health is not about a quick fix then eating crap again putting yourself right where you started......
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2011