Sleepovers: yes or no?

My youngest daughter is always going on them, but she has had her head screwed on right since she popped out. My youngest son, though, is highly impressionable. Yet it isn't fair, either to allow one child to go to them and another not. I'm kinda stuck on figuring this out. My older ones never liked sleepovers when they were young. Now that they are older, my son still doesn't but my older daughter goes occasionally.

derosia_mama

Asked by derosia_mama at 8:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Im trying to figure out how old your son is. Is he the one that wants to go to sleepovers? Depends on his age. I dont ever remember my ds going to a sleepover party.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think if your youngest has friends that ask him to sleep over you should think about letting him go. Maybe start out with play dates over these friends houses to see how he does. You never know he may suprise you because kids are usually better at other peoples houses then their own. Also, maybe it could be with someone that you are good friends.

I just think if he is asking and you keep telling him know he might start to get angry and start acting out.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If he is asking, let him go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If it is a family you know and you are comfortable having him over there then I see no reason why he shouldn't get to go.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:01 AM on Jan. 12, 2011