how do i get /vicks vapor rub out of my sons hair ?!!

so i'm cooking & this whole time i thought my 3 yr old was asleep since i sent him for his nap. my DD was up playing but quietly so then i hear laughter so i go to my room & see my kids full of vapor rub from head to toe! except my DD didnt getb it in her hair... thankgod ...so we only have a shower not a bath tub i cant bend down for a long period of time or be on my knees too long since im 33 wks pregnant im in a lot of pain too i can barely walk now etc.. anywho i tooke them a shower for like 30 mins long kept putting shampoo on my DS's head but some of it came off but he still has a lot on it ... im like going nuts here lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ha ha! Use dishsoap, but then you'll need to rewash with shampoo. The dishsoap will make his hair very
    dry-so make sure you use the shampoo afterwards. Been in a similar situation, only with vaseline.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• try rubbing baby powder/talc through it. it will soak up the product, and make it easier for you to comb it out, or shampoo...hopefully.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Dish soap...like dawn.....that will be able to cut through the greese in it. But it might burn the eyes so you have to be a little careful. I would put that up somewhere else from now on....it never suprises me what kids manage to get into lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If you have a clarifying shampoo that should cut through it. Vapo rub is basically petrolaum jelly, so anything that cuts oil and is safe for skin should do the trick.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Maybe baby oil? Comb it into his hair and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse rinse rinse! Good luck!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• lol thanks a bunch ! i put the vicks in a high place where i was sure they couldnt get into it but now im going to have to put it on lock lol...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Dawn dish soap
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Dawn dish soap is the best to get oily based stuff out.

You will laugh about this one day:)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'd use olive oil

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011