Any Advice?

My baby is very jealous when around others. She has playdates throughout the week but she still acts mischeivous. When everyone is gone you wouldn't even know she was the same child. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All i can think of is that when she starts getting jealous you give her more attention and so she does it cuz she knows what she can get out of u. my advice would be to let her cry it out, if u are paying attention to something or someone else explain to her that this is what you are doing and u will tend to her later. or involve her in it. if she is getting jealous when you hold other babies explain to her that you love her and she is your lil girl but u are alound to hold other babies. just talk it out. but whatever u do dont give her more attnetion when she begs for it cuz if u give in once they know u will keep giving in and they will continue to do it.
    MomGoneCrazyX2

Answer by MomGoneCrazyX2 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If it was me I would try to ignore the acting out. If that doesn't work you may want to implement time outs. Removing her from the fun. She will see when she acts out she doesn't get to play or have fun.
    Anonymous

• Put her in daycare. All you moms who insist you are doing the best thing for your kids by not allowing anyone else to care for them are soon bitching that they are clingy and/or jealous when there are other people around. Came back to bite you in the butt, huh?
    Anonymous