What would you do?

What would you do if your husband up and left? Especially those who are SAHM's. It's something that I ponder sometimes. What would you do for money, vehicle, bills, etc? I play the 'what if' game in my own head and I was just curious if other mom's on this site have a back up plan for such a situation. This is just a hypothetical question so I don't want to hear answers like 'oh my husband would never leave me' because I'm asking what would happen to you if it DID happen.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 8:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I would go back home to my family and get a job out there. I would be able to live with my grandma with free childcare until I got on my feet again. Then I would be getting child support from DH as well. But I dont think it would ever happen....or at least I hope not. I play the what if game a lot also....it always makes you wonder when your a SAHM
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:02 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would hve to move myself and my children into my parents' home. I would have to work as many jobs as it took to get it done. Also, I live in a state where I get half of everything even if I do not work. He would have to provide me with the same life I have now, if we were to divorce.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I find that an odd game.

If my husband up and left i would still get half his salary.... though we would have to down size.  Oh... and his dad would kick his ass... cause he loves me!

Anonymous

• I would put my degree to use for the first time!!
    mmyrick7

Answer by mmyrick7 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• At this point in my life and my children's ages, I would have no problem going back to work full time and earning a healthy 6-figure salary, like i did before I quit to become a SAHM for 8 years. That, and my ex would be paying out the nose!!

However, I am not worried in the least. My husband is my rock and a true family man. He would never be able to leave his kids--who both have special needs, are very attached to him, and only 9 and 7 years old. And since he's pushing 50, he's not about to "start over!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• That would suck so bad! I have no idea.... I would call his father! That is my idea. His father would get so pissed, give me money, let me stay in my hubby's old room in their house, and make his son come crawling back bc he ran off like a lil bitch....lmao
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 9:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I like to have a "Plan B" myself :) Honestly, I'd probably go live with my mom until we got the divorce figured out. I'd hate to think about it happening, but I know I'd be welcome there.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have to be out by the time my son is 19 another year to graduate college and get my business up and running. I would be prepared anyway.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would call my Dad! I can't leave this area and all of our family lives 900 miles away. I am in school full time and could easily go back to work. But I couldn't afford a babysitter 80 hours a week. I would make my mom come stay with me for awhile!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No idea. We are one of those couples that people love to hate. lol We love each other a LOT and we'd both tell you that we can't imagine life without each other.

That being said, if (God forbid) something happened and I lost him, I'd get on some antidepressants, get a job and have to depend on family for a while until I got back on my feet.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011