what would you do if you had itchy skin with hives

Ive tried itch lotion ,alcohol,and peroxide. I'm still breaking out on my arms like hives .It's on my hands too. I keep getting this every few days. I just don't have a clue what I am allergic to. Would you go to the doctor for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• Take Benadryl.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You are having an allergic reaction. Benadryl will calm it. You need to eliminate alot of diversity in your diet for the next few days to try and pin-point what's causing it.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• take like 2 tablespoons of baking powder and 1 tablespoon of water mix and make a paste. put it on. the paste drys out but it takes the sting and itch away
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Also be careful, some allergic reactions can be deadly, i.e. throat and tongue swelling causing breathing problems. You may need to go to the Dr. but chances are without knowing what caused it they can't help you other than Benadryl.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• look at what is new in diet, new in lotions, grooming products, cleaning items, pets or animals came in contact with, even plants

feel better!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, go to the doctor if you have no idea what's causing them and they are not clearing up. Try taking an OTC Zyrtec if you are not allergic to it to get some relief for now. Or Benedryl, but that can make you sleepy...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• there is this oatmeal bath product that I have used for this. You can find it at the local drug store. I think its Aveeno and they are in individual envelopes. Call the doctor tomorrow and see what they suggest if you try some of these remedies and get no relief tonight,,good luck sweetie
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• beyondhopes is right, the aveeno oatmeal baths are wonderful- I use them whenever I get poison oak. I would say to go to the doctor & ask him to do an allergy test on you; that way you'll know what you're allergic to

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• benadryl
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2011