Have you ever been diagnosed with HPV?

I have. It was back in Decemeber 2009. I was supposed to go back to the doctor this past September but I didn't and now I'm having sharp pains in my lower pelvic area. I don't know at all if this is or could be related to the HPV, but now I'm wondering. It could be anything but its been going on for a few weeks now. They only last for about a second, but the pain is recurring. The pain isn't too painful, but it is uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• I was diagnosed 10 years ago. Never any pain.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• u havnt been back since then?? i def think u should asap before things get worse/good luck
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• HPV can lead to cervical cancer and a host of other problems..sometime HPV heals itself without any medical intervention. because your having pains in those areas its wise to go back to the doctor and get another screening. It also makes you more acceptable to STDs and Pelvic Inflammatory disease.
    lsa0919

Answer by lsa0919 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I was in 2003. Never had any pain with it. The only reason I found out was an abnormal pap. I'm glad I found out though!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I know that I should. For some reason I was scared to go back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. It was causing dysplasia on my cervix and I ended up having to have a cone biopsy done to remove it all because it was pre-cancerous. The surgery itself was very simple, and recovery was not bad at all. You should go back to have it checked, just to make sure. I don't think it typically causes pain though so probably something different.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i was diagonoised when i was 15 im now 28 as of tomorrow. i get sharp pains there too. i do get a pap every 1 though
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Isa, I know that it can lead to cancer and I'm a little scared about that. I'm not sexually active ATM so I'm not really worried about STDs right now. But you are right, I do need to go back. I am setting an appointment for it tomorrow. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It could possibly be related to the HPV. Most cases of HPV clear up on their own, but the ones that don't could turn into something more than abnormal cells. That's why your doctor wanted you to come back and get checked again. It would benefit you to go get checked.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• April, will do ASAP
    Knagsmom, happy birthday!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011