do i have depression?

i am a SAHM of 3 little ones. i had my tubes tied a few months ago, and ever sense, i just don't feel right. i can't wash my dishes. i can't keep up with the laundry. i just want to stay in bed all day. i've been so short with my kids lately, and now they are avoiding me. my 4 year old asks me why the house is a mess, and why am i a mean mommy now. what is going on here? i am not the same person i was 6 months ago. i'm afraid to tell the Dr. because i don't want to rely on pills to function. any advise will help. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• I've been there. I also didn't want to tell the doctor for pretty much the same reasons. So I told myself that if I don't want medical help for my problem I would have to fix it myself. I took a day to have a nice pity party, sat on my butt, had a good cry, ate some ice cream and the next day I got up, had a shower (it had been quite a few days), fixed my hair, played with the kids, did the laundry, etc., and just plain FORCED myself to function as a human being. I was determined to get back on track, for me and the kids.

This won't work for everyone. You should give it a try. If it doesn't work, then you should seek medical help. You cannot live like this. It's not good for you or the kids. I think people that need medical help for this are beyond recognizing that they have a problem.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You need to talk to a dr about this. There is definitely something wrong and you need to get some help. Dont think of pills as a bad thing. Think about it if you were a diabetic you would take you pills right, same thing if you are depressed it is a pill that will make you well. Go to the Dr.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 2:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have depression and anxiety and i get daysoff and on but i'mprego so i won't take pills at this time. But try fixing i yourself if you can. If nothing gets better SOON then def talk to a doc.Meds aren't a bad thing more of a hassle to remember. You need to be happy so your family can be happy. The doc might not even put you on meds.
    Anonymous