I'm 32 weeks pregnant and the baby is moving fine, but from hip to hip and in my lower back its the worse pain i have ever been in. What is happening?

mommy584

Asked by mommy584 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• your baby is probably dropping down into the canal
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 9:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• well not to scare you but i had bad "back pain" and it was the start of labor i had back labor so all i felt was back pain if it has a rhythm to it you might call it a throbbing but it could be contractions
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Is the pain coming and going?

I would get checked out at the hospital to be sure...you could be going into preterm labor.
    Anonymous

• My ob said I had "round ligament pain." Later found out i had a kidney stone.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It could be a couple of things. I also had severe low back pain that shot down my left leg at about that time in my last pregnancy. That was just the changes due to the pregnancy. Ask your doctor for some exercies (pelvic tilts) that will help ease the pressure and the pain.
    The other thing that comes to mind is the back pain I had with my first pregnancy which turned out to be back labor. It came at regular intervals and I couldn't make it go away by changing position.
    If you feel the pain is coming and going, try timing the pains. It might be labor, in which case I would call the doctor tonight. If it is regular back pain, you can wait to call.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• good luck momma
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It can be a few things as long as it isn't coming and going like a contraction you are just having pain stretching will help
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:12 AM on Jan. 12, 2011