Ideas for stay at home moms to lose baby weight?

I have a 4 month old son and still can't seem to lose the baby weight. Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do at home to "shape up" while at home? I usually only have about an hour or two during nap time to devote to working out. Anything that can keep me on track and keep my motivation up?! Thanks ladies :)

wyattsmomma77

Asked by wyattsmomma77 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• PX90
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• if you have comcast they have them fitness things on demand ,and when it gets nice out pop that baby in the stroller and go for a stroll i love doing that .eat better, if you have a wi system they have wi fit ,
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 30 Day Shred
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You will see results if you try these exercises at least 3 times a week. You will feel it the next day I promise!
    lunges, 10 to 15 reps each leg. Squats, trick to make these work well. Legs shoulder width apart. Pretend you are sitting down and pretend that you are pushing your butt all the way to the back wall behind you and back up again, 12 to 15 reps. Calve raises 20 fast ones. Then repeat the three exercies 3 times!! There are ways to vary all three of these exercises. For stomach...The best way to get your stomach in shape is to lose the flab that is hiding any muscle that is there. To do that cardio is the best. You could use tapes or take your baby for walks. As long as you are going fast enough to make conversation difficult and for at least 30 mintues. Also once you strenth train with the leg and arm exercises you will burn more calories at rest helping to burn the extra flab around midsection. CONT>>
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• what is 30 day shred?
    wyattsmomma77

Comment by wyattsmomma77 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• thank you amy lynn I will try those things tomorrow :)
    wyattsmomma77

Comment by wyattsmomma77 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• For your arms. Use at least 5 lbs weights if you have them. Raise your arms over your head and dip the weights behind your head and raise arms straight up. Those are great for tri muscles. Also if you do what are called dead lifts bend over with the weights, legs apart and come straight up leaving arms to follow up. (you could google dead lifts to see how in video). For shoulders you lean over and support your one arm. WIth the other make a motion like you are starting a lawn mower and pull arm back. Chest is great with girl pushups set of 10. Do all the arm 3 times at least 10 - 12 reps each. For stomach...Do 20 crunches making sure your chin is up as if holding a piece of fruit from chin and chest. 20 full sit ups, 20 crunchs where your elbow comes up to meet your opposite knee keeping both feet up and off the floor. Build up to being able to do this series 3 times each.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• 30 Day Shred is an exercise video by Jillian Michaels. I like it because the exercise routine is 20 minutes which is ideal if you don't have a lot of time. There are also different levels of intensity so as you get into shape you can increase the difficulty.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Wow thanks ladies! This really helps! Now to keep myself motivated! :) You girls rock!
    wyattsmomma77

Comment by wyattsmomma77 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Zumba is an awesome workout... Its like a latino dance thing you lose like 600-800 calories in 45 mins and its super fun
    sara0324

Answer by sara0324 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 12, 2011