Did you deal with any "OMG" situations over the holidays from Step Children's Birth families/

There where situations that where intolerable and should never have happened over the holidays.......

miraclemom914

Asked by miraclemom914 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you can't tolorate the family that your step children are born into, I would reconsider marring their father. Their family is their family. And as they have always been around, they come first, not you
    Anonymous

• Yip...my MIL wanted a gold bracelet for Christmas, then she gets one, and doesn't like it.. She returns it and asks for a check for the bracelet she wanted to buy.

Gotta love it.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• OMG is not enough to reply to this..... wow, holy crap, you have to be kidding me,
    Need I go on?
    miraclemom914

Comment by miraclemom914 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• hahahaha, my exact words to my hubby "she's your mother, you deal with her"
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My future MIL is crazy (yes, I see that you are talking about steps but since someone else is complaining about their MIL I thought I would jump in lol. She tells me I am not good enough for her son because I have a dd from another relationship!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had two kids throw up under the Christmas tree, I was in the hospital 3 times, my FIL got drunk and pissed himeself, and SIL got drunk and beat on her husband.....and I'm not a step parent. Need I say more.
    Anonymous

• Tell her to jump into the year 2011, not many relationships now a days, don't have Step Children.
    miraclemom914

Comment by miraclemom914 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Okay, another OMG that is just not enough. Dare I ask you about your New years? I feel for you.
    miraclemom914

Comment by miraclemom914 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not personally but my BF did (my BM was surprisingly queit this holiday). My BF's stepsons Bio-mom INSISTED on having him for Christmas..... and got him nada. Not even a freaking candy bar! She told him she would give him $50 to spend when she got his child support check (which she will never actually do). At least he got a nice Christmas at his Dad's the next weekend but for the poor child to be forced to stay with her and not even get one damn thing for Christmas... she got gifts from her boyfriend and he wwas empty handed.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 10:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It is sad that the child didn't get anything for Christmas but if it was between going with his step dad (who, I guess is not with his mom anymore, as he is now with you) and being with his mom, he should be with his mom. Times are hard and while my dd has never gone without Christmas presents, I had to have her birthday party a week late because her dad didn't pay child support on time. I make enough to cover our bills and the things we need but the child support is where I get all our extras.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2011