Do you make your kids eat their food even if they don't like it?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm anxious to hear the answers for this question!
    surfngirl

Answer by surfngirl at 9:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• There are very few food my kids legitimately hate. That being said, no they don't have to eat all of it but they do have to take one 'no thank you bite'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Nope, not all the time. Most of the time they'll eat everything else on the plate to make up for it. Otherwise, the picky eaters won't touch it. Other times, YES they eat it even if they don't like it if they know they can get their drink afterwards.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no I don't
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I only request that they at least try it, if they dont like it after that than is ok for them not to eat it....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• if i know the kids dont like something ill make them something else but that is only if i know before i start cooking that one of the kids dont like it .if i already make something and then find out they dont like it no i dont make them eat it thats what i keep kid causine's and microwave foods for . i wouldnt force myself to eat something i dont like so why force them . now if i know they eat it before and liked it then yeah they have to eat it or at least some of it
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• at our house you eat whats for dinner or you dont eat there will be no snacks or nothing later if you choose to not eat your dinner. My kids arnt picky eaters so most of the time they eat with no complaints there isnt many items they hate.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• he has to take 2 bites of it just to try it because he is at a stage where if its not hot dogs of chicken nuggets he "doesn't like it" but usually after the first two bites he says its good and he eats it anyways
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• He had to at least take a taste of it if it was a "new" food for him. Fortunately, there were not many foods that he would not eat.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 9:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011