"What would you do" post

so i was going through some questions and came up on one about what you would do if your husband up and left you, (mostly for the SAHMs. )

whats with women relying on child support? do you have no sense of pride for yourselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont think it's a matter of pride- I think it's a matter of survival. If you have been dependent on your spouse's income, you've been out of the workforce for a while raising kids, etc., then having your whole world turned upsidedown can be quite upsetting. Anytime a relationship ends it's upsetting. Being a single mom is very hard. I'm not saying it cant be done, but it's an uphill battle, that if given a choice, I wouldnt want to ever do again!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I answered that question. I did say that I would get child support. I would not use it to support myself. I would use it to support my children and put lots away to surprise them with someday.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• working parents get child support too, if the other parent earns much more, or time is not 50/50
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I kinda agree, kinda don't. Women who have multiple kids may not be able to work due to the expense of good child care.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 9:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Whats with women relying on child support? What the heck is that supposed to mean anon? I dont even understand where you are trying to go with this question. What mother in her right mind wouldnt try for child support, sahm or not? I dont get this question, if its how I think your trying to steer it your super off base here.
    Anonymous

• I think you are judging harshly for no reason. There is nothing wrong with a dad or a mom supporting their children, in fact, that's the way it should be. Women pay child support too. If a woman chooses to rely on child support and not work then yay for her if she can afford it! None of my busy-ness.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011