Would anyone know (about braces)

I've been wanting invisalign for a long time - but have been reading a LOT of horror stories about people who have used invisalign and am thinking maybe braces would be a better option after all. I wouldn't mind the clear ones.... does anyone who has had kids who have had them know the difference in cost between the clear and the metal braces?

And yes, when I find an ortho in my area and get an appointment I will ask them, and know if can vary to due what needs to be done and location, but thought I'd see if anyone knows offhand so I can kind of have an idea of what they'd cost.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• My oldest son has been out of braces for a little over a year now. We had a choice of a variety of colors including clear. (The wires were silver tho) The color did not effect the price. Good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I haven't seen many wear the clear braces. I only wore the metal ones so I couldn't tell you.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My cousin has Envisline and she loves it. She works for an orthodontist. It is more for minor cases in adults. They are just starting to use it on teens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011